UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

My Blood Counts

Topic Made On: Mar 23, 2009 09:35am
Admin

Thread moved and re-posted on behalf of lilica955

hello,

I am again on the forum after 4 months. During this time my Wbc increased until 71.9 , I was feel unwell and in february I'm starting the treatment. After only a first round of FC my WBC =2.9;Lym=0.9; Hb= 11.1, PLt=223. I repeated my analieses one month after and now I have: WBC=3.5;Lym=0.8;Hb=12.3;PLT=193. My Hem told me that for the moment I waiting another month to repeat the blood count .I would like to know if anyone can tell me that I can consider lucky or not.
Thank you very much for your help.
Regads!
Lia

Replied On: Mar 23, 2009 10:01am
Robert Cork

Lia

If understand correctly you have now had just one round of FC and your key numbers are WBC=3.5; Lym=0.8; Hb=12.3; PLT=193. But your Hem is holding treatment is that correct?

Regarding your key numbers, these look very good, but it's early days of your treatment.

Would you like to clarify your current situation.

Regards

Robert

Replied On: Mar 23, 2009 02:07pm
Admin

Post moved and reposted on behalf of lilica955.

Lia please note that your thread has been moved to:

http://www.ukcllforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=124

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Yes, it's correct what you understund.When I start the treatment , my Wbc=71.9.I had only a round of FC-that means 3 days of treatment. My blood cont is, after a month of the treatment: Wbc=3.5;Ne%=57.9(Ne#=2.0);Ly%=32.1(Ly#=1.1)Hb=12.3;PLT=193.I haven't enlarged lymphnodes. Now I take acyclovir and biseptrim, and the next month I shall go for another bood count analyeses. Please let me have your comments.
Regads!
Lia

Replied On: Mar 23, 2009 02:13pm
Robert Cork

Lia

As stated in the previous reply your blood counts look fine. I am unable to understand why your Haem is delaying treatment! Did he give you a reason?

Robert

Replied On: Mar 24, 2009 05:50pm
lilica955

Robert,

My Haem told me that she have another pacient which is in CR during 40 months after the similar tratment: only a single round of FC. Do you believe that could be neccessary more rounds of tratment? Do you recommend me to continue with FC?

Thank you!
Lia

Replied On: Mar 24, 2009 05:53pm
lilica955

Robert,

My Haem told me that she have another patient who is in CR during 40 months after the similar tratment: only a single round of FC. Do you believe that could be neccessary more rounds of tratment? Do you recommend me to continue with FC?

Thank you!
Lia

Replied On: Mar 25, 2009 06:36pm
Robert Cork

Lia

I am not giving medical advice. But as a result of my readings on CLL, I find it had to understand that one round of FC would be effective. I have heard of patients only receiving 4 rounds and obtaining long remissions.

Hopefully others on the forum will chip in on their views.

Regards

Robert

Replied On: Mar 26, 2009 06:28pm
Swainson

Lisa,
I agree with Robert on both counts (especially the bit about not giving medical advice).

My experience was that I had one cycle of FCR which dramatically lowered my white cell count. It also unfortunately had an equally dramatic effect on all the other markers and had to be discontinued. I was moved onto Bendamustine now on cycle 5 but more about that at a later date.

The point being though at no time did my consultant even hint that one treatment of FCR would suffice in fact he said that dependant on the midterm feedback I would require between 4 and 8 cycles.

So maybe have a chat with your consultant next time you see them to clarify?

Good Luck

Jim.

Replied On: Mar 28, 2009 10:37am
andysnat

I had four rounds of FC finishing about 20 months ago. I was astonished at the rate at which my counts returned to normal during treatment, and nodes vanished as well.

The original intent was for six rounds, but Dr. Strngelove decided that I didn't need to continue any further.

Counts are still within normal limits.

Replied On: Mar 27, 2012 01:33am
Venceremos

Good news. I had a blood test at the beginning of the month, and my WBC, Lymphocyte, HB and Neutrophil counts are all going in the right direction for the second time in a row [Lymphocyte substantially].
I've posted before on here about the importance of diet: I've been Vegan since last August and Vegetarian for over two and a half years. I drink loads of Green Tea and take no sugar. I don't know whether to give myself a pat on the back or not: have I hit on something important? or is it just a coincidence?
Thoughts welcome.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here