UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

lethargy

Topic Made On: Sep 28, 2010 06:49pm
kestrel

Hi,I would be grateful if those of you who have had lethargy prior to chemo tratment found any improvement once the chemo course had been completed.At the moment my wbc was 159 when I was last seen at the begining of the month.I dont know if others have felt the same.The only was I can describe it is the mind is willing,but the body is tired and lacking energy.It gets very frustrating when I want to start something and not long into it I get to tired to continue.I feel apathetic,and I've not normally felt like that? As yet I've not had any treatment yet, hence the question.I would welcome any feedback.Lee

Replied On: Sep 29, 2010 06:54pm
smreynard

Hi, my husband was extremely lethargic with a wbc of 150. Last month he started his first cycle of treatment with only F & C and his wbc fell to 32 and he couldn't believe how much better he felt and not tired anymore. Today he has had his second cycle including the Rituximab this time and they have told him he can expect to feel worn out again but having seen how much better he can feel he is prepared to suffer in the short term to feel better in the long term.

Replied On: Sep 30, 2010 04:13pm
kestrel

Thank you for you reply.Its comforting to know that other people with CLL have the same problem.Not that I would wish this on anyone.I wish your husband well,and hope his treatment goes as smooth as posible with little or no side effects.Regards Lee

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here