UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

Time I said Hello

Topic Made On: Jul 12, 2011 07:27pm
grampy

Been reading all the posts for the last month or so, I'm nearer 82 than 81 and had CLL for four years,was at hospital for two and a half years now discharged to GP (I was one myself for 35 years).
Lymphos 14(just gone up this quarter from 9) , Hb 12, platelets 200K, no glands or liver or spleen,
weight steady, no sweats, so I'm stage A on monitoring every three months only. I had a coronary 27 years ago and get angina so I'll know if the Hb goes down my angina will get more noticable.
After reading about green tea extract here I thought I'd give it a go, it's really all I can do to help myself except keeping active and happy,I'll report any good effects in due course.
Robert

Replied On: Jul 13, 2011 10:52am
Nick

Hello.Good to hear you, hope things are under control and you can enjoy being home again.

Stay happy

Replied On: Jul 13, 2011 04:01pm
sassy1261

Definitely stay happy. Don't want to teach an ex GP to suck eggs, but did you know that at levels that make any difference, green tea extract can affect your liver and should be monitored?

Replied On: Jul 13, 2011 07:16pm
grampy

I hadn't seen that but liver function is done every three months so will watch it, thanks.

Replied On: Jul 14, 2011 09:21am
sassy1261

clltopics.org has a huge amount of info, american but very good, run by a scientist who lost here husband to cll. Might be of help. Sounds like you might be one of the lucky ones like me with a 13q deletion.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here