UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

Facilitated chat rooms

Topic Made On: Sep 13, 2011 07:56pm
Nick

I don't know if others use Chat facilities, I seem to have found a few . Some I can keep up with and have trained facilitators and others I am just out of my depth. By the time I have lifted my gaze from the keyboard and posted the conversation has moved on. LOL

We have a new one starting, that will give us CLLers a chance to get together, being a start up with a facilitator. I've got a chance!!

First virtual meeting of the Maggie's community haematology group www.maggiescentres.org/community
Haematology group

A monthly on-line chat room for those affected by a haematological cancer ( includes CLL) .

The first session is: 20/09/11 at 10:44 am

Register now, as it takes a few days to become a member. It's unfortunate timing coincides with the UK CLL Forums annual clinical sciences day, I will drop in from attending. As the group begins we CLLer's may be alone, a CLL presence will help in potentially having our own.. I've spent time in their "living with cancer" group and the friendship,input and skills of the facilitator and member's friendship helped. Just making friends who do understand, a place where you can just drop in,share, laugh, rant or whatever without judgement I think other formats are planned, Q&A sessions and special guests. join if you can these places are so rare.

I hope we meet.

Nick

Replied On: Sep 22, 2011 01:59pm
Nick

It was so Good to meet those CLL patients who joined our first real time meeting on Tuesday this week which was co-facilitated By Robyn (head of Maggies on line facilities) and Elaine from their London centre (both with considerable haemo and onc nursing experiance)

I know there were others who didnít manage to join in time or who couldnít make that session we look forward to meeting you at the next session on Tuesday 4th October 10.45-11.45.
You can find out more about the group and how to join by following the link from "Groups" at the top of the page at Maggies : www.maggiescentres.org/onlinecentre

As a new facility we CLLers were the only in the meet. so good to be able to exchange experiences. I'm sure many more of us will find our way in.

Remember you have to register for the group first.( your rgistration will be approved by Facilitators first befor allowing you to enter the group)

after registration approvl, On your Maggies home page, enter my groups in the left hand column. Enter your haematology group and in the top right hand box will be haematology group latest activity, enter there and transcripts of previous sessions can be accessed by group members only. here you can get a feel of what taking part will be like. we also have a private message wall accessable only by group members.

Hope this helps, it's good to talk

NIck

Replied On: Oct 28, 2011 01:28pm
Nick

Thought I would let people know that the next on line chat at Maggie's Haematology group will take place on Tuesday Nov 1st at 10.44 am.

You need to register with the site first and then join the haematology group

https://community.maggiescentres.org

It will take a day to gain access to the haematology group. If you wish to be able to enter the chat room you must join the group a working day in advance of the chat. .At the meeting time enter the group and an icon will appear, click on this and you will be with us.

Many CLLers have joined the group. Somewhere to meet and just chew the fat or share what's on your mind. It was great to meet a few of you at the last meeting.

Hope you can make it, take care all.

Nick

There are also about 60 of us here at http://community.macmillan.org.uk : CLL, SLL, HCL (a CLL common room). Thank you for your help in making people aware of these facilities.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here