UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

Hi Everyone, Update

Topic Made On: Feb 03, 2012 11:08pm
Heather42

Back today for my 3 months consultant appointment, Still on watch and wait, talked about possible treatment, need campath as have 17p Deletion, and a possible trial for a bone marrow transplant, bloods are still fairly low, no swollen nodes etc, but I am catching everything going, so know I am immuno suppressed, other than that, its life as normal for another 3 months, next appointment will be after I get back from Florida! Can't wait, been told Im ok to swim with dolphins, which is something Ive always wanted to do xxxx

Replied On: Feb 04, 2012 01:46pm
jkstapley

I went swimming with the dolphins last October the most relaxing day of my holidays also enjoyed feeding the manta rays and snorkling in the large pool get there as early as you can for a full day. Good luck from Jane

Replied On: Feb 06, 2012 02:11pm
olyocl

Hi Heather, Glad you are going to Florida to swim with dolphins, I did it at Discovery Cove a few years ago and it was amazing. Could you let me know which company you manage to get travel insurance with as since I was diagnosed with CLL it is very expensive.

Replied On: Feb 07, 2012 09:59am
Heather42

I have insurance with my bank, the wont cOver the cll, so I'm ringIng round, just had one quote of 400 plus my gp has said they will give me some broad spectrum antibiotics to take with me, I'm tempted to go without covet for cll, the bank will cover everything else but cll x

Replied On: Feb 07, 2012 01:51pm
jkstapley

Hi Heather I insured through Age COncern UK who gave me and my husband an annual joint quote of 380 to cover my CLL and my husbands heart condition. I must add that I am remission at the moment but they were an excellent company to use and recommended at the local hospital.
regards JAne

Replied On: Feb 08, 2012 11:29am
Robert Cork

POSTED ON BEHALF OF A MEMBER

Can anyone advise about travel insurance for the over 70s? This is to add on to the request below.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here