UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

Medical Research Volunteers

Topic Made On: Oct 08, 2013 08:13am
Admin

I have been contacted by a Medical Research company in London asking for volunteers to participate in the below:

"We are organising a study on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (CLL) and Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL). In particular, we are looking to speak to patients currently receiving or awaiting treatment, patients in remission as well as relapsed patients. We are also looking to speak to care givers of CLL and MCL sufferers. This is not a clinical trial, rather we are asking patients and carers about their experiences of the various stages of the disease and treatment.

We are conducting face-to-face interviews in our central London offices on Monday 21st of October and also webcam interviews that run on Tuesday 22nd October, Thursday 24th October and Friday 25th October. I have outlined below the respondent profile required for each session and the incentive they will receive for their time and feedback."

Rather than post all of the details here, please let me know if you are interested and I can forward the details on to you.

Regards

Robert

Replied On: Nov 01, 2013 07:41am
Admin

The Medical Research company in London asking for volunteers to participate in a study on CLL have extended the timeframe to obtain more participants.

The full details follow:

"We are organising a study on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (CLL) and Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL). In particular, we are looking to speak to patients currently receiving or awaiting treatment, patients in remission as well as relapsed patients. We are also looking to speak to care givers of CLL and MCL sufferers. This is not a clinical trial, rather we are asking patients and carers about their experiences of the various stages of the disease and treatment". The details are:

Keisha | Project Coordinator
The Research House,
124 Wigmore Street
London, W1U 3RY
(D) 44 (0) 20 7487 9186
(T) 44 (0) 20 7935 4979

keisha@research-house.co.uk | www.research-house.co.uk

I have also included below details of the incentives:

60 Minute One to One Interview (Central London)
-2 CLL Patients (no specific age or gender requirement)
-2 Caregivers (18 and older)
Incentive - 100 + 20 for pre task*

60 Minute Triad Interview (small group of three participants) (Central London)
-3 Caregivers
Incentive: 70 + 20 for pre task

Webcam Interviews
10 CLL Patients
8 MCL Patients
Incentive: 50 + 20 for pre task
-5 Caregivers
Incentive: 70 + 20 for pre task

*Pre task a short homework assignment to be done in preparation for the interview. Respondents will be required to compile a collage of images or pictures (from any source) that represent their experience from diagnosis to present.

Regards

Robert

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here