UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

Recently diagnosed, HELP

Topic Made On: Sep 08, 2014 02:46am
Philip0603

Hello to all, I am a 56 year old man who has just had a probable diagnosis of CLL. Still waiting for results to ascertain what stage I am at, but it does explain a lot. For the past fe years I have been very susceptible to summer colds, which have been increasingly difficult to shake off. I also seem to perspire rather more than I should, even when doing the slightest bit of something phisical.

I look forward to 'talking' with anyone else out there, especially anyone who has some knowledge of the treatment of the symptoms. I really struggle with the perspiring, finding it most uncomfortable.

All for now, Philip.

Can not understand why the site nanny will not allow for an alternative sexuality. Shurely this day and age it is not important and G.A.Y. men do get leukemia, through no fault of their own!

Replied On: Sep 08, 2014 09:14am

Hi Philip. I'm also a Violation man (aged 54) with CLL. I have been on active monitoring for 2 years and have remained stable during that time. I also perspire more than I should, even a short walk can make me look like I have been running for miles.
I can't provide you with treatment and symptom knowledge but you may find another CLL support site useful:

https://healthunlocked.com/cllsupport

A diagnosis of CLL and its progression is different for everyone and new treatments are looking very positive.
Since being diagnosed, I have never met anyone else with CLL and I have always thought that a 'buddy' network similar to the one that was set up for HIV/AIDS during the 80s would be helpful.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards
Adam

Replied On: Sep 08, 2014 09:18am
adam1

The Violation is the Word G.A.Y without the full points. Maybe I should have used Queer?

Replied On: Sep 09, 2014 03:30am
Venceremos

Phillip,
Welcome to the forum.
What does your diet consist of? I personally believe that what we eat, drink and consume, is critical, when it comes to the healthy well-being of everyone on this forum.
Feel free to go through my posts on dietary issues, and if you have any questions, ask away.

Best Regards
Alan

Replied On: Sep 09, 2014 10:31am
Chonette

As Alan said a healthy diet is important to keep us well and able to cope with whatever comes, treatments etc.
I was 64 when I had my Stem Cel Transplant and thanks to my healthy life I was able to cope with such drastic treatment.
I am well 5 years on but still do a week of detox, jucing etc. every 4 months or so to keep me well.
Best Regards
Chonette

Replied On: Sep 09, 2014 03:40pm
Philip0603

Thank you to all who responded. In answer to my diet, it is very balanced as I recently have been on a healthy weight course in order to lose some mass. So far I have lost in excess of 4 stones this year. My intention is to take around another 18 months to get down to my target weight. I do eat a small amount of meat, mostly white, with an occasional bit of red. My greatest regret is I have to enshew blue cheese, though I wonder if I can have it hot.

Adam 1, not sure if you can PM me, but I will be delighted to be your 'buddy' . I live in the south west if that is a help.

Must go, 'talk' soon, Philip.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here