UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

Another Welcome

Topic Made On: Jan 09, 2008 08:30pm
andysnat

Welcome to the Forum.

I would like to say two things.

Firstly, well done to Robert for all the work that has gone into making this forum.

Secondly, If you are a CLLer (by that I mean somebody affected in any way by CLL, as a patient, carer, family member, or medical professional) then I'm sorry you have had to come here, but I think that you will be glad you did. It is our intention to provide a useful site, that will help you dealing with CLL

Andy

Replied On: Jan 14, 2008 10:10am
sjwright626

Never thought of myself as a CLLer... but if the name fits..?
I already feel better knowing there is a sensible, easy and secure way of answering those 'little' questions that manage to chew away at you from time to time. So keep up the good work and a big thank you to you all for taking the time to set up this forum.

Replied On: Jan 18, 2008 10:24pm
Eileen

Hi Everyone

I would like to second the thank you to Robert for this site. A lot of time and effort has gone into the construction of it.

Also I second Andy's welcome to cller's and I too am sorry that you find yourselves here. I think you will find it a benefit and we will all gain help from each other.

Take Care All

Eileen.

Replied On: Jan 25, 2008 11:12pm
Twadd3

Thanks to everyone who takes time and effort to help those who need these sites. I am very pleased to see a UK site as we have been taking part with other sites (on and off)for a while and some of the content is very USA in orientation. Whilst we still are very pleased to have world wide support and information, it will be great to be able to ask questions pertinent to UK treaments and NHS.
Cribbed from one such site " Keep fighting the Dragon"
Sandra

Replied On: Jan 31, 2008 02:25pm
lewiskwikchick

Hello there, I am not a CLLer, but I am the wife of one!
Stumbled across this site in my search for information on CLL, my husband was diagnosed just over one week ago.
I will pop in from time to time and keep up with things
xx

Replied On: Jan 31, 2008 07:55pm
Gillian

Hello and welcome to our 'club'. I'm sorry you're in the position of having to join, but glad you have found us.

My thoughts and best wishes go to you and your husband at what I'm sure is a difficult time for you. I hope you will ask for support whenever you need it.

With kindest regards to you both, Gillian

Diagnosed August 06. In Watch and Wait. Aged 49.

Replied On: Aug 09, 2008 02:01pm
mandy j

Hi Everyone, just found this site on my quest to more answers for my cll, I was diagnosed 24 years ago and have had no effects or treatment till may this year! Apparently according to my doc cll either needs treating in 1st 4 years or can go up to 25! Well mine is nearly 24 and have just started steroids ready for chemo, will keep you posted. Mandy.

Replied On: Aug 09, 2008 02:03pm
mandy j

Hi Everyone, just found this site on my quest to more answera for my cll, I was diagnosed 24 years ago and have had no effects or treatment till may this year! Apparently according to my doc cll either needs treting in 1st 4 years or can go up to 25! Well mine is nearly 24 and have just started steroids ready for chemo, will keep you posted. Mandy.

Replied On: Oct 03, 2008 09:27pm
jokeating

Hi everyone. This site is excellent and one of the best things I have found so far for support and information. I lost my dad 8 weeks ago, 6 days after he was diagnosed with CLL and I am now desperately trying to get information on CLL and get some questions answered and also to make a few more people aware of this wretched illness. I don't feel I was given enough information by the hospital staff, even though their care of my dad was really good. I have set up a forget me not fund in my dads memory and anything we donate is going to Dr John Burthem at the Haemotology Dept at Manchester University who is studying the proteins causing CLL. The more this is prevented the better. Good luck to everyone on the forum and I wish you lots of love and look forward to reading your success stories on these pages in the future. jo x

Replied On: Oct 13, 2008 04:41pm
cranwellpoacher

Hi.My names Andy and I was diagnosed with CLL 2 years ago at the tender age of 40 whilst having blood tests for something quite unrelated .I found this site by chance, and thought it sounded like a good idea to join...so here i am ! .
Even though i was diagnosed some time ago, i have not really delved into the "nitty-gritty" of symptoms,possible outcomes etc, but have spent the last 14 months or so doing "other stuff" to keep my mind focused on positive things. (www.scirocco2morocco.blogspot.com)
At the mo, apart from the expected tiredness I am pretty much oK, and as far as I am aware (hopefully someone would tell me !), my bloods are not causing too mjuch concern.
I have worked in the NHS as a medical engineer for the last 12 years, having left the RAF for pastures new in 1996...never thought that i would be on "the wrong side of the counter" at hospital .
Cheers.Andy

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here