UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

Burst Blood Vessels in the Eye

Topic Made On: Mar 27, 2008 10:32am
lewiskwikchick

My husband, Roger, was diagnosed with CLL this year, and so far, is fit and healthy. He does, however have two 'blood red' eyes, caused, we assume, by burst blood vessels?

Could this be the CLL or just an eerie coincidence?

Thanks
Jennifer Lewis

Replied On: Mar 28, 2008 10:33am
Dave Rodgers

Jennifer

Could be any number of many different innocent explanations. Might be a good idea to see your local Ophthalmic in the first instance.

Let us know for future reference.

Replied On: Mar 28, 2008 11:32am
lewiskwikchick

Yes will do.

Replied On: Mar 28, 2008 04:36pm
adef

It might look like this

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068831/

If you google 'sub conjunctival haemorrhage' you get the following information:

- in itself the bleed is harmless and does not affect vision

- it may be caused by a tendency to bleeding.Worth getting this checked.

- any other symptoms (esp pain or disturbed vision) suggest another cause and medical advice should be sought swiftly

I hope it sorts soon.

Ade.

Replied On: Mar 31, 2008 05:46pm
lewiskwikchick

Thanks for your replies.

The GP and the optician are of the opinion that this is coincidental. The eye took a few days to return to normal. However, if this happens again we will looking for further explanation.

Jenxx

Replied On: Oct 03, 2008 09:14pm
jokeating

Hi, Just wanted to comment on this. My dad was in hospital being treated for CLL and he burst blood vessels around his eye giving him bruised eyes - apparently it was blamed on his platelet count. It should not be ignored - please speak to a consultant. I don't want to be a scaremonger but it had serious consequences for my dad and I wouldn't want anyone to go through the same thing. If you wish to contact me my email address is joannekeating@hotmail.com. Thanks. Jo.

Replied On: Oct 05, 2008 09:12am
lewiskwikchick

Thanks Jo, there has been no other symptoms with Roger's eyes since the first post, but will take your advice if it happens again.

Jen xx

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here