UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

Randomized Evaluation Study

Topic Made On: May 15, 2008 06:44pm
Zeno

My reasonably lengthy remission with CLL is now transformed to a progression. I have been selected for a qualifying criteria in the randomised trial including Lumilixamab. Are there any contributors currently on this regimen? I would be interested to hear views, responses, side effects etc.

Zeno

Replied On: May 16, 2008 03:00pm
Robert Cork

Zeno

Are you refering to the Lumiliximab in combination with Fludarabine, Cyclophosphamide, and Rituximab (LFCR)trial?

Robert

Replied On: Jun 01, 2008 04:24pm
Zeno

Robert

Yes that is correct. Treatment commences on 11 August after screening. Are yo familiar with this regimen?

Zeno

Replied On: Jun 02, 2008 10:09am
Robert Cork

Zeno

RITRAT who has the Journal on the Patients Profile's Link is currently within this specific trial. Have you read his Journal? In addition, he may be prepared to provide some additional information once he has seen this post.

Myself, I am currently under going RFC, without Lumiliximab, but have reasearch the pro's and con's of RFC prior to starting the treatment. If you feel that this might be appropriate then please let me know.

Regards

Robert

Replied On: Jun 15, 2008 06:50pm
Zeno

Robert

Forgive me if I appear tardy with my responses! Can I suggest that you e-mail me direct @ tony.roulinson@btinternet.com I am interested to read the RITRAT notes and any other information available.

I have now been in remission for four years after an oral regimen of Cyclophosphamide and Fludarabine lasting nearly twenty-four months. That ended in May 2004. Progression has shown in the bone marrow samples taken recently. These were tested by Professor Isaacson who I am told is a leading expert on these matters. My consultant is an honorary one and a senior lecturer at the University College Hospital in London. I will be the only patient in UCLH on this trial if I have the right protein gene. (C23 I think!) A bizarre concept to be thinking about but one that is worth a challenge!

Do tell me about your situation and journey. Tell me more about the ups and downs of your treatment. Also do tell me which country you are in.

Best wishes and good strength.

Tony

Replied On: Oct 29, 2011 01:09pm
Zeno

Out of interest for all, the company producing Lumilixamab have pulled out of both the trial and further development! Apparently too expensive for them to proceed and can get better profits from other drugs.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here