UK CLL Forum, UKCLLFORUM

What car do you drive ?

Topic Made On: Oct 14, 2008 07:57pm
cranwellpoacher

Completely off topic..but that is the title of this area!.
Myself I drive a 1987 Volkswagen Scirocco Scala 1.8Ltr Carb.I just love the old cars and this is my fourth Scirocco so far!.
Averages around 38-40MPG,but it is insurance group 14 which is a bit of a blow as it means it costs almost as much to insure the car as it is worth .So, what do you drive and why ?

Replied On: Feb 16, 2009 07:17pm
Greengrass

Hello Poacher.
Did I catch sight of you guddling near Aidensfield ? Yon Blaketon is a cunning sod !Having just joined up I find it nice to talk about something other than gloom and doom ! I have a 2008 Megane which I bought pre-reg from Arnold Clark - i.e 6 months old but brand new and 6K off the price. How's that for a bargain. It has a 1.6 litre 16valve twin cam engine with variable valve timing, and according to the trip computer averages 46 mpg. I am no Stirling Moss however, and setting the cruise control to 50mph in a 60mph limit seems to enrage most road users. Why all the hurry ? It's my 2nd Megane and 6th Renault. I wonder if a emigrated to France, would I receive better treatment than on the NHS ?

Replied On: Dec 14, 2009 12:11pm
cranwellpoacher

Hi Greengrass.Sorry it has taken me several months to reply to your post....my life can sometimes be a little disorganised...well thats my excuse and i am sticking to it :-).
You are quite right,it is nice to talk about things other than "IT", and it gives you a chance to focus on things other than the Leukaemia Issue's.
You are obviously a Renault man at heart,and yes maybe emigration would be just the ticket !. Myself? Well i have now owned 19 Volkswagens...so it looks like i will soon be tarting a new life in Germany perhaps !.
I have a website if you fancy learning more about me..and my cars !
www.scirocco2morocco.blogspot.com
Cheers.Andy

Replied On: Feb 15, 2011 02:54am
fossil

Now we are talking. Boys and toys! As my Wife says to me frequently. I drive a SWB Pajero Import, Charcoal grey. V6 3000 automatic petrol. Has American Alloys(Big)low profile tyres. Took it down to Morocco with my caravan on tow. Never did work out the mileage. Don,t even now what it does to the Gallon. Just top up and away on the open road. Great fun! I am two months into 72. Never did grow up!

Replied On: Dec 18, 2015 10:34am
MR2Don

Well, my userid is probably a huge hint, but I have my recently acquired Toyota MR2 Mk2, 1993, 83,000 miles, lovely nick, a joy to drive. Always liked the look of these "mini Ferraris", but only got one because I started to realise I couldn't get what I really wanted...but that's another story.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login Here